Welcome to Indonesia Australia Business Council.
Indonesia Australia Business Council (IABC) or Indonesia-Australia Business Council is a bilateral business organization that was founded in 1989 and is the result of a combination / merger of the Indonesian Employers Cooperation Council of Australia (DKSPIA) with the Australian Chamber of Commerce (AustCham) in Indonesia, where both organizations have been established in Indonesia for 15 years before merging.
IABC affiliated with the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and act as a Committee of Bilateral Australia - Kadin Indonesia. IABC also work closely with counterparts based in Australia that Australia Indonesia Business Council (AIBC).
IABC is a non-profit organization and headquartered in Jakarta. IABC has two branches that branch based in Semarang, Central Java and East Java branch based in Surabaya. IABC membership is open to all companies and individuals with an interest in business and investment relations between Indonesia and Australia. IABC members in Jakarta, currently amounts to approximately 300 companies and individuals. While in each branch of about 50 members. Central Board of IABC (IABC Executive Board) is the highest IABC leaders and elected by members every two years. IABC Secretariat is managed by a professional staff consisting of an Executive Director supported by several other staff.
IABC AGM & Elections 2014
The IABC AGM & Elections 2014 Committee wishes to advise Members that the IABC AGM & Elections 2014 was successfully held on 5 November 2014.
Both President’s Report and Treasurer’s Report of the IABC Executive Board 2012-2014 were unanimously accepted by the Annual General Meeting. Please click here to view the reports.
The elected President and the IABC Executive Board for the 2014-2016 term of office are as follows:
A. IABC President: Mr. Kris Sulisto (President Director THP Group)
B. IABC Executive Board Members (Indonesian):
1. Mr. David Sutanto (President Director PT. Wisma Keiai Indonesia)
2. Mr. Hariman Prakosa (President Director PT. Djawa Baru)
3. Mr. Gandi Sulistiyanto Soeherman (Managing Director Sinarmas Group)
4. Mr. Darma Tyanto Saptodewo (Director PT. Sumber Daya Primatamanusa)
C. IABC Executive Board Members (Australian):
1. Mr. Peter Fanning (Foreign Legal Consultant Hutabarat Halim & Rekan Law Firm)
2. Mr. Phillip Shah (President Director PT. Pundi Stratejasa Indonesia)
3. Mr. Ian Whitehead (Director Retail & Business Banking Commonwealth Bank Indonesia)
4. Mr. Peter Kelly (President Director PT. Geoff Forrester Indonesia)
5. Dr. John Ackerman (Regional Manager Indonesia Meat and Livestock Australia)
Subsequently, the newly elected IABC Executive Board 2014-2016 has also appointed the following as Advisors to the Board:
1. Mr. Moetaryanto AO (President Commissioner Petrolog Indah Group)
2. Mr. S.D. Darmono (President Director PT. Jababeka Tbk.)
3. Mr. Noke Kiroyan (President Director & Chief Consultant Kiroyan & Partners)
4. Ambassador Sabam Siagian (Senior Editor & Director The Jakarta Post)
5. Mr. Joseph Abraham (President Director ANZ Bank Indonesia)
6. Mr. Kym Hewett (Senior Trade Commissioner & Minister Austrade Jakarta)
7. Ms. Edwina Stevens (Counsellor Economic Australian Embassy Jakarta)
8. Mr. Joaquin Gil (Finance Director Coca-Cola Amatil Indonesia)
Jakarta, 5 November 2014
IABC AGM & Elections 2014 Committee
Moetaryanto AO – Chairman